Thoughts and Goals As I Turn 23
I turn 23 today - which is crazy! I'll be honest, this year has been quite a tough one for me, but also a year of real growth. The thought of my birthday approaching has been stressful - as it is every year for me (is that weird?) - so I decided to sit down and write out some thoughts that I have about this past year and some goals for the next year of my life. So here goes!
- On family: Both of my great-grandparents passed away in the last year, which was incredibly tough on all of us. I must say though, that I have never appreciated my family more. I learned so much about both of their lives in their final days and was so grateful to connect with both of them in a more substantial way. It has felt like my family has pulled together and worked hard to support each other, and I'm really grateful for that as well. My family is so supportive and I'm so looking forward to visiting everyone important to me this summer!
- On college: My path through college has not been a traditional one, and as much as that once bothered me, I've accepted it and been more proud of myself in the last year. If all goes well, I'll be graduating with a Bachelor's degree in March, six years since I graduated high school and at my third college, but that's okay! At least I've made it.
- On relationships: I am so beyond thankful for having had someone in my corner for just over a year now. Long-distance relationships are not easy by any means, but the growth, support, and real kindness I've experienced throughout are more than worth it. I'm lucky to have someone who challenges me, always has my back, and reminds me to take it easy when I'm stressing myself out 😄
- On blogging: Blogging has been a real turning point for me. I have always loved to write and have always wanted a creative outlet, and I've really been able and happy to give 110% to this venture. I never could have imagined this would grow as fast as it has in just about 4 months. I'm happy to have a place in which to explore my interests and to learn new skills, and a project that has helped me realize how fulfilling it is to always be your authentic self. I've never really been one to follow the crowd, but this has confirmed that for me in a whole new way.
- #1: Keep pushing myself and discovering new opportunities with this blog. I'm motivated and excited, and I just want to keep that up and continue pursuing growth and keeping my content real and authentic.
- #2: Graduate! Of course! Diploma, here I come.
- #3: With graduation, I'll be hoping to move. No concrete ideas just yet, but I'd love to live somewhere that's warm year round!
- #4: Continue working on my health and happiness in every way I can. I want to be conscious of how everything impacts me and be careful to maintain balance in my life.
- #5: Write more letters! I'm terrible at keeping in contact with people, but writing letters to my sister over the last few months has convinced me this is a habit I need to expand.