Monthly Favorites: August 2017
August has been such a whirlwind! I can hardly believe it's already almost over and is taking the summer with it. This has been the last month of my constant traveling. I've seen new places, met new people, and reconnected with people and places as well. A good month overall I think! Anyway, here's everything I loved this month.
- Net Bag ($8): After seeing these all over Instagram for months, I finally gave in and got one. They're super inexpensive and I loved using mine as a beach bag that I could just throw a couple of essentials in and not worry about it getting messed up by the sand or the sea. I'll also likely be toting it to the farmer's market in September.
- Urban Outfitters Oval Sunnies ($10): Another cheap and practical favorite. I hate bringing nice sunglasses when I travel. I am super paranoid about messing them up, so I'd rather just leave them at home. Enter these awesome, 90s inspired sunnies, that look good and I never had to worry about crushing or losing.
- Keds Chillax Slip-On Sneaker: There is something so quintessentially summery to me about these shoes. The crisp white, the relaxed style, I don't know, but I love them. I'm on year 3 with my current pair and they're definitely in need of replacing, but they served me well this summer.
- NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator: Mix this into your foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB Cream and tell me you don't glow like an actual angel.
- Glossier Haloscope in Topaz: I'm officially obsessed with this highlighter. Run it across the top of your cheekbones and even the bridge of your nose for a seriously sun-kissed glow.
- The Lightkeepers by Abby Geni: This tense mystery novel follows a nature photographer as she moves to and learns to live on the Farallon Islands with a group of biologists. This book builds the scenery so well and will keep you in anticipation until the very last page. I was seriously surprised by how good it was.
- The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry: If you love historical fiction, a great heroine, and an enrapturing mystery, this is the book for you. It tells the story of a 19th century young English widow, a vicar, and the rumored sea serpent terrorizing a small village. Such a great read.
- Heebiejeebies (Feat. Kehlani) by Aminé: A fun song that perfectly fits it's fun title. Plus, Aminé is just great.
- Fetish (Feat. Gucci Mane) by Selena Gomez: Selena Gomez's new sound is the most refreshing thing I've heard this summer. I was never a fan, but I certainly am now. My go to makeup look lately was even an interpretation of her look in the video for this song.
- Don't Matter Now by George Ezra: A summer bop that'll make you smile and sing along.
- Natalia Dyer's Coveteur Interview: Yes this is an interview and not so much a person or a website, but these looks! Her charm! So much inspiration.
- Negin Mirsalehi: By no means is Negin unknown, but she's got me dreaming of having long hair again and convincing me bold gold hoops are a perfect choice every day.
- Courtnee Crews: Her minimal and yet still interesting style, minimal glowy makeup, and perfect pictures have kept me coming back for more and more inspiration this month.
That's it for this month! Let me know what you've been loving this month and have a great September!