Beauty Products That Didn't Work Out for Me
Alright, you guys know I love beauty products and am constantly trying out new things, but you might have wondered what happens to all of the stuff I'm not such a big fan of. My very first post on here was a negative review of a product, but since then I've shied away from posting negative reviews, my method has been just not to recommend anything I wouldn't repurchase. So, for the sake of transparency, today I'm doing a roundup of all of the products I either found meh, really did not work with my skin, or weren't as good as some other staple in my routine. Let's go:
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: I feel like this is makeup blasphemy. I've seen this product recommended in countless YouTube videos and blog posts. I recently repurchased it and remembered exactly why I hadn't liked it the first time around - 1. It makes me break out, and 2. It just doesn't conceal well for me. I returned it and will be sticking with the Glossier Stretch Concealer.
- The Ordinary Buffet: Brand drama aside, I really wanted to love this product even though I had no real idea of what it was supposed to do. It seemed slightly hydrating and plumping, but the difference wasn't so dramatic that I'd buy it again. A solid meh.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir: This is a fine mist, nothing wrong with it, I loved using it. However, it's on the more expensive side for sure, so I'd stick to the brand's Grape Water instead. It's $31 less and contains no alcohol, so objectively slightly better at hydrating.
- Herbivore Blue Tansy AHA+BHA Resurfacing Clarity Mask: There was nothing wrong with this product either. I've gone through maybe half the jar and have been somewhat underwhelmed by it with every use. Love the brand, just not this particular product. I'll be sticking with the Drunk Elephant Babyfacial instead.
- Sunday Riley UFO Ultra Clarifying Face Oil: This didn't hurt my acne, but it also didn't really help much. Definitely not the life-changing oil I'd heard it touted as. I actually much prefer the Luna Oil, even though it's not specifically for acne.
- GlamGlow GravityMud: I'll admit, this mask is super fun to use and it definitely made my face feel softer. However, since I don't really have much to firm up, I don't think it's worth splurging on just to have a temporarily softer face. I will miss that amazing smell and silver color though!
- Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil: This one was not really the product's fault. I think I'm just not a fan of cleansing oils and would rather use a balm. I did pass this one along to my cousin and she loved it, so it's worth trying if you're a cleansing oil fan!
- Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Cream: The grape smell makes me nauseous. That's all. I wouldn't mind it if not for the smell!
- Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum & C-Firma Day Serum: Putting these together because I had deluxe minis of both and both made me break out. I wish I could have loved them because so many other people swear by them, but my skin and wallet are probably better off without them.
- Guerlain Météorites Primer Perfecting Pearls and Baby Glow Sheer Liquid Foundation: Did these make me super glowy, I mean yeah. But they didn't last on my face long and the lack of color options in the foundation is a bit annoying. I just didn't end up reaching for these as much as I should have based on the prices!
- Lavanila The Healthy Deodorant Sport Luxe: I wanted to love this, but I literally have to reapply this like every 4 hours. I know people say you have to detox from your old deodorant and all that jazz, but I've been using this for over a month (because I hate wasting things) and it's still just not working. Also, I seem to be mildly allergic to it (but that's true of every deodorant I've ever tried so I can't hold it against this particular product). On the bright side the scent is nice.
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay: I know this is supposed to be a dream for acne, particularly cystic acne, but it's just way too strong for my face and has caused irritation every time I've used it sadly.
Alright, that's all for now my friends! What products that everyone loves haven't worked out for you? Let me know down below!