Monthly Favorites: November 2017
Is anyone else having a hard time believing November is already coming to an end? I feel like this month has totally sped by. I got some much needed time with family for the holiday though, and I'm feeling refreshed and ready to take on finals, so a good end to the month overall! Here's everything I've been loving lately:
- Too Faced Just Peachy Palette: This was one of my last purchases before my spending ban started and I'm so happy it was. I thought the peach smell would be nauseating, but I actually quite like it. The eyeshadows themselves are beautiful colors and very pigmented. It's been quite fun playing around with eye looks again.
- Crude Cleansing Oil and Bloom Serum: I wrote about this brand recently so you can check out my in-depth review there, but these have been two standouts amongst the bunch!
- Tom Ford Noir Extreme: I found this sample amongst my collection of perfume samples recently and I am officially obsessed. It's technically a men's cologne, but I'd say wearing it makes you feel like you're wearing your boyfriend's sweater. The notes are: Coriander, Black Plum, Black Fig, Black Truffle, Shoyeido Incense, Patchouli, and Leather Accord (via Sephora). It's got amber to it, and sweetness, and an overarching woody feel that is just perfect.
- To be honest, I've just been all about cozy sweaters and my Levi's Wedgie Fit Jeans this month!
- P.F. Candle Co Amber and Moss: I've been burning this candle a lot lately. The smell has a seriousness warmth and sweetness, but it all gives you a sense of being out in nature. I'd describe it overall as being like out at a cabin in the woods in the best way possible.
- Restoration Hardware Faux Fur Throw: I actually received this for Christmas last year, but it always comes in handy this time of year. It's so soft and ultra cozy.
- Alias Grace (Netflix): I can't tell you how excited I was to have one of my favorite books turned into a series. I was even more excited when it turned out to be one of the best series I've seen all year. Sarah Gadon's acting is truly stellar and the mystery is so well done.
- Lore (Podcast and Amazon Series): I've listened to Lore (the podcast) on and off for a while, so I was pretty dang happy to discover the Amazon series. If you're interested in history surrounding legends and folklore, I highly recommend it. The stories are so well told.
- Magazines galore!: Like Radiant in the picture above, but also Cherry Bombe, Darling, and Lula!
There you have it! A short list, because a lot of last month's favorites carried over, but lots of good things all the same!