How to Glow Like a Freshly Glazed Doughnut
This look is 100% inspired by model Paloma Elsesser, whose Glossier Get Ready With Me video I have probably watched 100 times just to absorb her positivity and beauty advice. The goal is to not look like you’re wearing much makeup, but to still get that ultra glowy fresh Krispy Kreme glaze going. I realize this might sound mildly insane - but it looks damn good y’all.
- Step 1: Make sure you’ve got a good skincare base going. You want to already have a glowy canvas for everything you’re going to put on top of it. Facial oils and dewy finish moisturizers are great for this.
- Step 2: Apply a non-matte base product. I personally use Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint (my one true love), Paloma uses the iconic Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. As long as it’s glowy and not matte, it’s perfect.
- Step 3: Conceal where you need to. For this look it’s helpful to use a concealer with a satin or dewy finish. I stick to the Glossier Stretch Concealer because it’s super easy to blend and looks like straight up skin.
- Step 4: This is where things get a little crazy. Rather than contour with a matte bronzer, I’m using the Glossier Haloscope in Topaz just in the hollows of my cheeks and a little on my temples. If that’s not dark enough for your skin, you can always mix a little highlighter into your regular bronzer! This adds warmth to your face without sacrificing the dew!
- Step 5: Add a little blush to bring some color in your cheeks. I stuck with Paloma's choice of the Glossier Cloud Paint in Haze. For me, that particular color is the closest to my natural flush. Keep it light, you just want a smidge of color.
- Step 6: It’s time for the main event you guys. Take your favorite natural looking highlighter - I use the RMS Living Luminizer or the Glossier Haloscope in Moonstone - and start applying it to all of the high points of your face. That means cheekbones, bridge of your nose, tip of your nose, brow bone, cupid’s bow - you get it, go crazy. Make sure to blend well.
- Step 7: Lip balm, brows, and a little mascara and you’re golden.
- Step 8: Go blind people with your ethereal glow. Slicked back bun Paloma-style totally optional, but great for getting a full view of the gleam.