Monthly Favorites: July 2017
Did July go by slowly for anyone else? Maybe it's a midsummer, constant heat sort of thing, but these last few weeks have felt awfully long. That's good though! I have a bunch of very summery favorites to share with you guys, so let's get started:
- Dr. Roebuck's Ultimate Hydrating Serum: My skin went through a couple of weeks of major revolt this month, so in an effort to give it a little TLC, I've only been using this and sunscreen in the mornings. The thick consistency took a little getting used to, but it really is ultra hydrating, so much so I don't feel the need to use moisturizer with it.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix in Safari: I love orangey-reds in the summer and this lipstick is the perfect color. Plus, it's sheer enough to wear as a stain, but also buildable if you want it to pack more of a punch.
- Glossier Cloud Paint in Beam: I've talked about the Cloud Paints before, but this is a new color for me and I'm so glad I got it. It's a perfect peachy-pink that gives you a totally dreamy sun kissed cheek.
- MUN Anarose Toner: I got this through Palm BFFs and oh my goodness. I probably never would have splurged on this otherwise (my typical toner is less than $10 off Amazon so...) but I've really been enjoying how refreshing and soothing it feels.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir: I went through the travel size bottle in just about the length of this month and was totally addicted to it. It's hydrating, cooling, and the perfect refresher on a hot summer day.
- Vans Old Skool Sneakers: This has decidedly been a month of shoes. While these don't exactly fit the aesthetic I usually go for, I'm totally obsessed with the way they look and how comfortable they are. I'll blame my obsession equally on my boyfriend and YouTuber LindseyRem, who both wear them regularly.
- Everlane Loafers: These babies are a dream. I honestly don't have much more to say than that.
- Birkenstock Arizona Slides: I've been wanting a pair of shoes I can easily slip on this summer (that aren't sneakers) and that I'll be able to wear on the beach. These fit the bill perfectly and give a nice laid-back feel to a summer dress or any other casual outfit.
- The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling): I haven't quite finished this book yet, since I've only been reading it on planes, but I'm loving it so far. It's a fantastic mystery and I was so excited to hear that it's being turned into a television show.
- Bach's Rescue Sleep Liquid Melts: An absolute necessity this summer, since traveling can seriously throw off my sleep schedule. They're tiny, powered by flowers, and don't leave me groggy in the morning. A total winner.
- Baby Driver: I absolutely loved this movie, and I honestly rarely love movies. I was so impressed by the music coordination within the film, loved the cast, and really who could get over Eiza Gonzalez and Jon Hamm's His and Hers neck tattoos? Anyway, I highly recommend seeing this one.
- Music: I've had new songs from HAIM, Aminé, and surprisingly enough (to me) Selena Gomez on repeat this month.
- Kat (@katsangfroid on Instagram and katsangfroid.com): Kat is the sweetest and her photos always have such a cool, dreamy quality to them. Plus, her writing on her blog reads as so real and relatable.
- The Slumflower (@theslumflower on Twitter and theslumflower.com): For bits of wisdom, body positivity, and all-around good vibes, I highly recommend checking her out.
- Noella (@intothreads on Instagram): I have so many of her pictures on Instagram bookmarked it's ridiculous. But she's constantly serving up cool vibes and photo inspiration.
- Lucy Williams (FashionMeNow): The real question is how am I just discovering Lucy this month?? I watched a video she did with Liv Purvis from WhatOliviaDid and totally fell in love with her style. Her blog is one of my new favorites!