Monthly Favorites: June 2018
I'll be honest, I spend most of June wishing it would hurry up and get to July (my favorite month) every year. This June was an absolute whirlwind between my college graduation and quick trips to San Francisco and Phoenix. Now I'm prepping to head to Alaska on a cruise and I couldn't be more excited, but I'm still looking back fondly on the last month. Here's what I've been loving lately:
- Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum: Yes, I am in fact still obsessed with this. I won't ramble on about it, but you can check out my full review here.
- Korres Body Butter and Herbivore Botanicals Body Oil (both in Jasmine): Mixing these together and slathering them on is definitely a highlight of my day - every single day. My body has never been more moisturized or more luxurious smelling. Jasmine all day every day y'all.
- Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter: If you want to glow like one of Nam Vo's dewy dumplings, I can't recommend this highly enough. It's amazing mixed into moisturizer, primer, or foundation. It's beautiful blended onto the high points of your face. Seriously, it's one of my favorite highlighters of all time now.
- Little white tops: I've collected a ton of these lately from stores like Forever 21 and I Am Gia. I've got everything from baby tees to fancy, structured tops an there's just basically nothing else I want to wear right now. They're endlessly fresh and summery and go with everything.
- Rainbow accessories: From scrunchies to barrettes to bracelets, my love for rainbow accessories has no bounds lately. Do I feel a bit like I'm back in kindergarten again? Well, yeah. But I've needed something to spice up my white-top-plus-denim outfits and these little pops of color are perfect. I won't even tell you how often I look at stuff from Roxanne Assoulin and Susan Alexandra online.
- Himself by Jess Kidd: Summer is my favorite time to read as much as possible and this book did not disappoint. It's an addictive mystery that pulls you into small town Ireland and a cast of magnetic characters. Highly, highly recommend.
- The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell: This book seems to start off a bit slow but quickly devolves into what I can honestly say is one of the creepiest stories I have ever read. Filled with poignant isolation, mysterious deaths, and the truly eerie silent companions themselves - it's a book I'd save for daytime hours to be sure.
- Television: Between finally getting around to watching Desperate Housewives and Riverdale season 2, I haven't seen much new tv lately. But I'll take this opportunity to once again recommend Killing Eve - I may or may not have seen each episode at least 3 times at this point.
- Boy Smells 'Gardener' candle: This candle is such a perfect scent for summer. Tomato, petitgrain, white tea, and honeysuckle might sound odd, but it smells just like being out in the garden. Nothing fake, nothing too sweet, just pure summer garden smell. It's amazing and one of the more affordable nice candle brands out there.