Monthly Favorites: March 2018
Oh glorious March! It’s finally Spring and the flowers are blooming, what a lovely but also insanely stressful month it’s been. As such, I’ve been all about keeping things simple and soothing this month. Here are my faves:
- Tatcha The Essence: This was a major splurge (seriously a ridiculous splurge) but I thought I’d treat myself after finishing school. I’ve been using it twice a day for just over a week and you guys, it is so worth it. I thought I had pretty plump and radiant skin before, but I was mistaken. This stuff is no joke. I wake up GLOWING. Also based on the amount I use I’m thinking the bottle is going to last a good long while.
- Byredo Blanche Hand Cream: I’ve been loving the Byredo Kabuki Perfume I got in this scent for Christmas and again decided to treat myself for the whole graduating thing. It’s so hydrating and the scent is so fresh and clean and floral and not at all overwhelming.
- True Moringa Tranquility Oil: If you know me, you know I love the smell of lavender. I would literally stroke lavender and rosemary plants in France as a kid and smell my hands like a tiny psycho. Anyway, my face was not a fan of this oil, but my hair and dry spots on my body love it. So lush, so soothing, a win all around.
- Dr. Roebuck’s Pure Moisturizer: I ran out of Face and decided to try out Pure this month. It is so so hydrating and soothing. Perfect for cold nights, a super solid base for makeup, or - when you’re too lazy to do a whole routine, slather this on and wake up with perfectly plump skin.
- Scentbird: I have a mild perfume addiction, I won’t deny it. Luckily I discovered Scentbird. You can get what they call a month’s worth of your choice of perfume for about $15 a month. I’ve gotten two so far and I haven’t even gotten through a quarter of my first one. So worth it. I love that they have a ton of indie brands and the cute travel-friendly atomizer. I also have a link for you guys, you can get a free perfume if you subscribe through it! (Not an affliate link, I’d just get a free perfume too lol).
- FILA Disruptor 2s: All of my friends had the same awkward “Oh” response when seeing these for the first time. But I love them and they’re the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn so they’re staying on my feet.
- Mejuri Jewelry: I was very very lucky to be sent a pinkie ring and the new Duo Hoops by the brand and they, along with my signet ring, are on me almost every single day. They’re such simple and timeless pieces.
- Island Moonlight Candle: This is a dupe for the Volcano candles always burning in Anthropologie stores. They come in different sizes, and the one I picked up is pretty sizable. I love the smell and the gold container!
- Boy Smells Gardener Candle: I light this when I need a bit of a pick-me-up or to be a bit more productive. It is such a fresh scent and it feels perfect for Spring.
- A Wrinkle in Time: The first time I ever got to see a movie heroine that looked exactly like me as a kid - I cried. Otherwise a nice message and good family movie.
- Forensic Files: My mom and best friend have got me addicted to this show. Luckily there’s like a million episodes on Netflix.
- The Fortune Teller by Gwendolyn Womack: If you love historical fiction you'll love this adventure through time. I've been reading it before bed and it's so hard to put it down every night.
- Music: Look below for this month’s playlist!