Monthly Favorites: April 2017
I've been fortunate enough to try a lot of new products this month and also lucky enough to rediscover some old favorites. It's always great finding something new that you love, but don't forget to go back to the things you once loved too! Here is everything I was obsessed with this month:
- Glossier Cloud Paint in Haze: I wrote a whole review on this baby (which you can read here) and I'm still absolutely loving it. The tiniest bit gives you the most natural, healthy looking flush and it's crazy easy and fast to put on with just your fingers. This might be the first blush I have ever truly loved. Also looking to pick it up in Puff next month!
- Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve: After a weird reaction to something I touched while repainting a bookcase, this hand salve totally saved my skin. It has a eucalyptus smell that is refreshing, not overbearing, and it sinks into the skin beautifully. I've started putting it on all my dry spots before bed to soothe everything and it works like a dream.
- BareMinerals BareSkin Sheer Sun Serum Bronzer: Try saying that five times fast! Anyway, this is one of my old favorites that I recently tried again and remembered why I loved it so much. Like the Cloud Paint, it only takes a couple of drops to contour/warm up your entire face. It blends easily and beautifully whether you're using your fingertips or a Beauty Blender, and is extraordinarily hard to go overboard with. A true 10/10 for Spring and Summer.
- Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe vera is an all around lifesaver. You can use it to moisturize, fight inflammation and acne, prevent aging, and soothe sunburn. It is practically a miracle in a bottle. I've been using this for all of it's varied purposes this past month and I could not be happier with the results. Plus it's nice to have something in your routine that you know is super natural and pure.
- Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist with Rosemary with SPF 50: Okay first of all, this smells so good. Second, it does exactly what it's advertised to do. I needed a product with SPF for my recent spring break trip that wasn't going to be thick, annoying, or leave a white residue, and I was immediately drawn to this setting mist. It's a perfect multitasker. It kept me from getting burned and kept my makeup on through heat and humidity. Since then, I've been using it daily because, well, you really should use sunscreen every day.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix in Safari: In the spring and summer I love bright orangey-reds on my lips. They're perfect for adding a seasonal punch to your daily look. This one is sheer, but buildable. It's not too drying on the lips and looks great on its own or with a lip gloss or balm on top. It's so crazy easy to carry on the go and reapply during the day, and the packaging is perfection.