Dreaming of Summer Beauty
I know, I know, summer hasn't officially started yet. But when is a better time to get prepared for it than the first week of June, when summer is so close you can feel it? I'm getting started early particularly with my beauty routine because it tends to get a bit of an overhaul in the summer. I suddenly become dedicated to body care, want to look bronzed and radiant, and I - even more than usual - can't stand to have anything heavy on from head to toe. So here comes the summer line-up, from things I'll be testing to things I already love!
- Dr. Bronner's Pure Liquid Castile Soap: I use this all year round, usually in the lavender scent. It's mildly drying but I somehow like it anyway, and I'll be following up with plenty of moisture. I may even temporarily switch to the Eucalyptus scent for maximum cooling benefits.
- A body scrub: I have a bunch I need to get to testing. Will report back on my favorite!
- Lotions galore: I've got two potential routines in mind! The first is Korres' body lotion in Jasmine mixed with my already beloved Herbivore Botanicals Jasmine Body Oil. The second, for tanning days only, is the Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Cream, because I can't handle the sweet scent every day but I love the feel of it.
- Tan Luxe The Body: Will be testing this out! Regular DIY tanning scares me, but I've always liked drop formulas. I picked up the dark color to be mixed with the aforementioned Bum Bum Cream. May even get a bit brave and try it out on my face.
- MAKE Succulent Gel: I've been using this for a few weeks already for extra moisture on my face and I love it! It smells clean and fresh, sinks in easily, and soothes. It's designed to be used after sun exposure so I'll definitely be trying it out on any accidental sunburns too! Plus it's so so affordable.
- Drunk Elephant Umbra Sunscreen: Face sunscreen is typically my least favorite part of my routine, but I apply this religiously every day. It's thick, but a good warming it up in your hands before applying does wonders.
- Avene Thermal Spring Water: Because nothing feels better than misting your face 10 times a day when you're melting in the heat.
- Marc Jacobs Coconut Dew Drops: I finally gave in and ordered this because I am obsessed with Nam Vo's Instagram and need to feel like one of her #DewyDumplings.
What are your summer go to products? Let me know in the comments!