The Christmas Haul - Part 1
Ah Christmas, a time to spend with family and friends and celebrate. Mine was cozy and fun and overall a great day. It also happened to be a very helpful antidote to my spending ban blues - I'm feeling seriously spoiled. This will be part 1 of the haul, just because I want to give my first impressions of everything and this would be a crazy long post if I didn't split it up. So, let's get started:
- DedCool Fragrance 03 "Blonde": I've been eyeing DedCool fragrances for a while now. Both the company and its founder Carina Chaz are just too cool. With notes of violet, saffron, crystal rose, and blonde woods, this sounded right up my alley. And oh my gosh you guys, I thought I would always have to pick between fresh and warm when it comes to perfumes, but this strikes the perfect balance between the two. It is spicy, cozy, and yet crisp and clean. Such a dream.
- Boy Smells Candles: Another brand I've been stalking on Instagram for a while, both Gardener and Lanai were on my Christmas list. Lanai smells perfectly tropical but not in a cliché way. Gardener literally smells like a vegetable garden. I can't wait to light them up.
- Fresh Rose and Black Tea Perfecting Masks: I got these minis with a Sephora gift card I was given (they also came with a clay mask that I passed along to my sister). I could never justify buying the full sizes, so this set looked perfect. I've put the rose mask on as the last step of my skincare ever since and I feel like it's boosting my radiance just a bit. The Black Tea mask is luxurious beyond belief and so soothing.
- Byredo Blanche Kabuki Perfume: Yet another brand I've been watching forever without actually ever giving in to splurging. This scent is beautifully lightly floral, with notes of pink pepper and blond woods giving it a bit of depth. I wasn't sure how the kabuki delivery would work but I actually really like it, it makes it hard to over apply the fragrance.
- Bagatiba 1SM Necklace: I was raised Catholic but I've very rarely owned or worn religious jewelry. I wouldn't call myself very religious but I do like/appreciate/not sure what the right word is - Mary. Which is why this Bagatiba necklace caught my eye and ended up on my Christmas list. It is so lovely and delicate and intricate in person. This will definitely be on me daily from now on.
- The Ordinary Products: A couple more things I picked up with that Sephora gift card! I'd been waiting for the brand to come to Sephora before trying anything and I ended up picking up the Niacinamide and Zinc serum, the "Buffet" serum, and the Rosehip Oil. So far I'm enjoying all three, but I'll be back with a full review sometime soon. Gotta love those affordable prices though!
That's it for part 1! I'll be back with part 2!